ARANZ Current Vacancies
If you would like to list a vacancy please contact the ARANZ Webmaster
Senior Digital Archivist
The National Library of New Zealand has a position available for an experienced digital archivist
The Senior Digital Archivist is a significant role that supports and improves the Library's efforts to collect and manage the born digital documentary heritage and taonga that is important to research in New Zealand.
In this role, you will act as subject matter expert for the systems and processes used to acquire and manage born digital collections. You'll lead efforts to assess, test, and improve workflows, processes, access and use of born digital collections. You will also manage the work of the Digital Archivist, perform ingest and technical appraisal, and lead or coordinate efforts to resolve complex born digital ingests. You will work collaboratively with the curatorial, arrangement and description, and digital preservation teams within the Library on issues relating to born digital collecting, preservation and access.
To succeed in this role you will need to have:
* Post graduate qualification in the field of library and information science, archival studies, or related field or demonstrated relevant experience
* Strong command of archival theory and practices
* At least 5 years' experience in a research library, archive, or cultural heritage organization
* Experience processing and working with analogue and born digital or electronic archives and records
For this role you will be:
*An excellent communicator and influencer, with the ability to work independently, as a team member, and across organisational boundaries
* A problem solver and critical thinker
* Highly organised and able to manage multiple projects and deadlines
If this sounds like you, we would like to hear from you!
Hours: Full time
Business Group: National Library
Branch: Information and Knowledge Services
Salary: $70,661 - $95,600
Team Leader - Information Management
The Information Services Team at Waikato Regional Council are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and forward-looking Information and Records Management professional.
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, this role will lead the Information Management Team in ensuring that Waikato Regional Council maintains a high quality, future-facing and legally compliant Information and Records Management framework. The role also requires a sound understanding of Electronic Document Management Systems (EDRMS) and a passion for moving towards a 'digital only' environment for records management.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone with a deep understanding of Records Management, a strong technology capability who is ready to step into a team leading role and to contribute to the overall Information Services strategy and delivery an active member of the CIO's lead team.
The successful candidate will have:
* Extensive experience in all aspects of Records and Information Management
* A passion for technology-enabled improvement
* Strong collaborative, influencing and leadership capabilities
* Awareness and skill in dealing with sensitive and confidential issues and information
If you think this sounds like you and you're up for the challenge, apply now by opening this link.
International Council on Archives (ICA) SECRETARY GENERAL Position
ICA is pleased to invite applications for the full-time post of Secretary General based in the ICA secretariat in Paris.
Candidates are invited to submit their application to email@example.com