ARANZ Current Vacancies
- Archivist - Hocken Library, Dunedin - 1700529
- Imaging Administrator, Auckland Council Archives (part-time)
If you would like to list a vacancy please contact the ARANZ Webmaster
Archivist - Hocken Library, Dunedin - 1700529
The Hocken is one of the foremost historical research libraries in New Zealand and global interest in our collections is ever increasing. In response, we are working to ensure greater access and the delivery of a broad client-focussed research service. To realise our vision we have a vacancy for an experienced Archivist who shares our passion for supporting research focussed on Aotearoa New Zealand and the Pacific.
The Hocken celebrates our history, cultures and natural environments. Our collections include archives, publications, ephemera, maps, and photographs and our art collection contains historical and contemporary works. Staff at the Hocken cater to the research needs of academics and students from the University of Otago, as well as researchers from other New Zealand and international universities and institutions, and independent professional and amateur researchers, all of whom value the diverse nature and depth of our collections.
We are implementing a new coordinated researcher services model alongside a programme to increase the availability of collection information and content online. We will be undertaking considerably more digitisation and collection description in order to make the collections more accessible to researchers at a distance.
The Archivist is responsible for:
• Contributing to the development, description and preservation of the Archival collections;
• Ongoing promotion and support of the research application of the Archives;
• Ensuring access to archives collections is supported through high quality, reliable descriptive records;
• Participating in the ongoing development and maintenance of both physical and digital archive collections.
• A postgraduate qualification and relevant experience; or equivalent level of knowledge / experience;
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with New Zealand and Pacific cultures in the cultural heritage Sector;
• Proven ability to handle heavy and /or fragile materials securely;
• Proven experience of the theory and practice of archives arrangement and description.
If you are someone who shares our passion for increasing accessibility to New Zealand’s diverse culture and history, we would warmly welcome your interest.
For further enquiries regarding this role, please contact Anna Blackman, Head Curator Archives, via the email address below.
Applications quoting reference number 1700529 will close on Monday, 20 March 2017.
Contact: Anna Blackman
Position details: Job Description
Further Information: Department Website
Location: About Dunedin
Primary Location - NZL-SI-Dunedin
Employment Status - Permanent Full-time
Imaging Administrator, Auckland Council Archives (part-time)
We currently have an opportunity for an Imaging Administrator to join our team, based in the Auckland CBD. The vacancy is part-time for 16 hours a week, working with our other Imaging Administrator on a job share basis.
All applicants must submit an online application to be considered.
Please see link below for more information:
Applications close on 20 March 2017.