ARANZ Current Vacancies
If you would like to list a vacancy please contact the ARANZ Webmaster
Archives Assistant - Wellington City Council
City Archives has a focus on customer service, while ensuring we preserve and care for the archival records we hold. Our on-going work programme is to digitise our collection so we can deliver more services online and offer more self-service opportunities, while ensuring the original records are cared for and maintained in our facilities in Barker Street
If you're ready to embrace the challenge to continue to build solid relationships in a hard-working team, while helping us maintain our excellent service delivery record, we'd love to hear from you.
The Archives Assistant's main responsibility is to provide support functions and activities to the archivists and City Archives team. This includes:
* Retrieval and re-filing of archives to support internal and public customers
* Listing, boxing, and digitisation of collection items to support our on-going programmes of collection processing and digitisation
* Management of stack areas to ensure efficient and appropriate storage of archives, and auditing environmental conditions and use of the stacks
* Coordinating and processing routine records transfers to City Archives
* Administrative tasks such as purchasing supplies, and coordinating building maintenance work
Our ideal candidate would have either formal archive-related qualifications, or equivalent experience in archives management. A broad understanding of digital technologies and imaging practices are a big plus. We a looking for someone who has an understanding of the special nature of archives and the need for particular systems and practices to manage them, and an excellent customer service ethic!
For more information please see the job description<https://careers.wellington.govt.nz/jobdetails/ajid/tfgG7/Archives-Assistant,16267.html>, or contact Adrian Humphris, Team Leader City Archives
Applications close 5pm, Tuesday 12 December 2017.
Team Leader | Wellintgton City Archives | Wellington City Council
P 04 803 8123 | M 021 227 8123
E Adrian.Humphris@wcc.govt.nz | W wellington.govt.nz/your-council/archives