We welcome your feedback and suggestions for the inclusion of links not currently listed. If you know of a site that you believe would add value to this listplease send the relevant details to the ARANZ Webmaster.
- Records & Archives Associations
- Professional Qualifications & Training
- Social Media
- Preservation Advice
- General Advice
- Digital Issues
- Directories & Registers
- Archive Institutions
- Electronic Records Research Projects
- International Consultants
Records & Archives Associations
- Australian Society of Archivists (ASA)
- Records Management Association of Australasia(RIMPA)
- Pacific Region Branch International Council on Archives (PARBICA)
- International Council for Archives (ICA)
- Association of Commonwealth Archivists and Records Managers(ACARM)
- International Records Management Trust
- Association of Records Managers and Administrators (ARMA)
Professional Qualifications & Training
- Victoria University of Wellington School of Information Management
- Open Polytechnic of New Zealand
The Open Polytechnic of New Zealand offers the only undergraduate archives and records education in New Zealand. Students may either enrol in a Level 6 Diploma in Records and Information Management or complete a Bachelor of Applied Science. Courses are offered each year in semesters 1 and 2.
- The Archivist's Toolkit. Archives Association of British Columbia. 2004.
- The World Bank Group Archives Learning Program on Archives and Records Management in Development.
- Document Scanning Tips
- National Preservation Office has been set up to provide advice on the preservation and care of documentary heritage material to institutions and community groups which hold or look after collections.
Archives New Zealand has established the Kaipüranga Häpori, Community Archivist, position to provide support to community archives and emerging community archives by providing information and advice. Queries and requests can be emailed to the Kaipüranga Häpori, Community Archivist.
- Auckland University Library Digital Projects & Resources
- DigiCULT: technology challenges for digital culture. The DigiCULT project is a support measure within the Information Society Technologies Programme, which provides a technology watch mechanism for the cultural and scientific sector. In order to encourage early take up of new technological developments, DigiCULT will produce and disseminate seven newsletters, seven thematic issues and three Technology Watch reports.
- IFLA guidelines for digitization projects: for collections and holdings in the public domain, particularly those held by libraries and archives. (2000)
- National Digital Forum (NDF) The purpose of the site is to provide information about the NDF and to
serve as a "one stop shop" of quality assured information for New Zealand's cultural heritage professionals.
- Digital NZ
Directories & Registers
- The Community Archive (Formerly the National Register of Archives and Manuscripts)
- Register of Australian Archives & Manuscripts
- Directory of Archives in Australia
- Archive of Maori & Pacifc Music
- Archives New Zealand
- Alexander Turnbull Library
- Auckland City Council Archives
- Nga Taonga Korero
- NZ Television Archive
- Hocken Collections
- Macmillan Brown Library
- RNZAF Air Force Museum
- Auckland War Memorial Museum
- Wellington City Archives
- Christchurch City Council Archives
- Dunedin City Council Archives
- Masterton District Library and Wairarapa Archive
- Toitu Otago Settlers Museum Archives
- National Archives of Australia (NAA)
- Australian Science Archives Project
- Council of Australasian Archives and Records Authorities
- John Curtin Prime Ministerial Library
- Bob Hawke Prime Ministerial Library
- State Records New South Wales
- Sydney City Archives
- University of New South Wales Archives
- University of Sydney Archives
- University of Wollongong Archives
- NSW State Library
- Queensland State Archives
- State Records of South Australia
- State Library of South Australia
- Archives Office of Tasmania
- University of Tasmania Archives
- Public Record Office of Victoria
- Monash University Records And Archives Services
- University of Melbourne Records Services
- Melbourne University Archives
- Australian Manuscripts Collection
- State Records Office
- Library and Information Service
- Edith Cowan University - Archives and Records
- University of Western Australia - Archives and Central Records
- Australian War Memorial
- Noel Butlin Archives Centre, Australian National University
- NT Archives Service
- Public Record Office of Northern Ireland
- Institute of Commonwealth Studies (ICS) - Archives and Special Collections web pages.
- UK National Digital Archive of Datasets
- National Archives of Scotland
- Scottish Archive Network
Rest of world
- Ariadne magazine is targeted principally at information science professionals in academia, and also to interested lay people both in and beyond the Higher Education community. Its main geographic focus is the UK, but it is widely read in the US and worldwide. The magazine has as its principal goal:to report on information service developments and information networking issues worldwide, keeping the busy practitioner abreast of current digital library initiatives. Ariadne is published every three months by UKOLN.
- D-Lib Magazine is a solely electronic publication with a primary focus on digital library research and development, including but not limited to new technologies, applications, and contextual social and economic issues. The magazine is published eleven times a year and is released monthly, except for the July and August issues which are combined and released in July. The full contents of the magazine, including all back issues, are available free of charge at the D-Lib web site.
- The Electronic Journal of Information Systems in Developing Countries (EJISDC) strives to become the foremost international forum for practitioners, teachers, researchers and policy makers to share their knowledge and experience in the design, development, implementation, management and evaluation of information systems and technologies in developing countries.
- First Monday is one of the first peer-reviewed journals on the Internet, solely devoted to the Internet. Since its start in May 1996, First Monday has published 455 papers in 85 issues; these papers were written by 554 different authors. First Monday is indexed in INSPEC, LISA, PAIS <http://www.pais.org/> and other services. In the year 2002, users from 642,954 distinct hosts around the world downloaded 4,036,340 contributions published in First Monday.
- Image and Data Manager magazine onlineprovides quick access to the latest on information technologies with weekly up-dates for enterprise readers. idm.net.au claims to be the only online resource in the Asia-Pacific region which covers knowledge management technologies, incorporating imaging, workflow, document management, business intelligence, corporate portals, the Internet and related storage solutions.
- The Information Management Journal the "Journal") is the professional journal of ARMA International. Its purpose is to advance the field's knowledge base and help satisfy the growing information, educational, and intellectual needs and interests of information management professionals. The Journal strives to achieve this objective as a vehicle for publishing scholarly work and research findings; for reporting on innovations, trends, problems, issues, and developments in the field; for offering fresh perspectives on long-term concerns; for providing critical re-examinations of existing assumptions; for discussing the nature and applications of technologies, standards, and management techniques; for providing case studies having general application; and through other genres of intellectual discourse and knowledge delivery.
- Museum and Society, launched in March 2003, is an independent peer reviewed journal bringing together new writing by academics and museum professionals on the subject of museums. It is an interdisciplinary journal with a wide ranging interest in all issues associated with museums and other places of public culture concerned with collecting, exhibiting and display and is published three times a year (March, July, November).
- NZ Records Listserv (NZR)
NZRecords is an open and unmoderated listserv intended for all those who have responsibility for, or an interest in, records management, archives and related disciplines. The context is limited to New Zealand: the list should be used both as a bulletin board for local announcements or as a forum for the discussion of issues which may not be relevant to a wider, international audience. Employment opportunities are also advertised in the NZR listserv.
To subscribe to this list you should visit this page to register as a user
- Aus-Archivists Listserv
This list serv is no longer in operation. Refer to the Scoiety's website for further information: http://archivists.org.au
Electronic Records Research Projects
- InterPARES Project (International Research on Permanent Authentic Records in Electronic Systems).
- AGLS (Australian Government Locator Service Metadata Standard)
- VERS (Victorian Electronic Records Strategy). See: Victorian Electronic Records Strategy Final Report.
- SPIRT Recordkeeping Metadata Standards Project.
- The preservation of the integrity of electronic recordsUniv of British Columbia, School of Library, Archival & Information Studies.
- The Functional Requirements for Evidence in RecordkeepingUniv of Pittsburgh, School of Information Sciences.
- Archives Central - for Council Archives
- Access to the Memory (AtoM)
- Archives Space
- Vernon - for cultural organisations